The Artsy Reader started these Top Ten Tuesday list, and they are a lot of fun! Visit her blog to see what list are coming up next
Favorite Books Released in the Last 10 Years (one for each year). Here we go:
1) Hunger Games - 2009
- I did love this series. I actually cannot believe it has been 10 years since it came out. All three of my children have read the books as well and we have all seen the movies.
- "The Help" was also published in 2009, and that could just as easily be at the top of my list.
2) Matched - 2010
- I think I have mentioned on here that Dystopian novels are my favorite genre. I had branched out and started reading other things about 6 years ago, but before that - it was dystopian all the time. Matched was one of my favorite books then, and I still like that trilogy today. I wish they would have made a movie - I would be interested to see it on the big screen.
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks also came out in 2010, and that is a well written, true story that I think everyone should read. Amazing story.
3) The Night Circus - 2011
- I know this book has mixed reviews, but I loved it. I still think about it often and think someday I would like to re-read it. It is a bit of a creepy, "out there" kind of novel, but intriguing none the less.
- I could put Game of Thrones on this list because the last book he has written in the series thus far came out this year. BUT - I did not read that book series back then, so you are welcome.
4) The Martian - 2012
- whew - this year is FULL of books I could put up at the top. But I will stick with the Martian. It still remains one of my favorite books and I recommend it to everyone. It is smart and clever, and funny. Great book.
- others that topped the list for me that year was "The Fault in our Stars", "Me Before You", "Cinder", "A Man Called Ove", "The Light Between Oceans"....goodness! So many good books.
5) Orphan Train - 2013
- I am pretty sure this was my favorite book this year. My husband's aunt had recommended it to me and I just loved it. Such an amazing story.
- Another at the top of the list that year for me was "The Goldfinch". That is going to be a movie this year and I am so looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.
6) All The Light We Cannot See - 2014
- This book was one of the best. Again - I know it gets mixed reviews, but I really liked it. I have a blind daughter, and this was soon after she was diagnosed with retinal degenerative disease, and reading about strong, blind characters was something I did often - to remind myself about how great she will be no matter what.
7) The Nightingale - 2015
- This was my first Kristin Hannah book, and after that - I was hooked on this author. This was a GREAT book, and one I share with all of my friends.
8) It Ends With Us - 2016
- this is one of those books that I read the first chapter and thought I was going to hate it. I didn't like where it was going, but I decided to give the book a chance and see what happened after a few more chapters. The book did a complete 180 for me and I ended up loving it. It is a great story, and I am so glad I stuck with it.
9) Beneath A Scarlet Sky - 2017
- this book was incredible. It is based on a true story, takes place in Italy, and was a different take on WWII than I had previously read. The story is powerful and how a young man did what he did? Amazing.
10) Becoming - 2018
- There is no doubt, for me, that Michelle Obama is one of the most influential women of recent times. She is brilliant, inspirational, kind, and fierce. Such an inspriation for our daughters. This book was very very well written, and there was so much I learned about her as a person and as a First Lady.
So that is the list! 2019 hasn't been around long enough for me to pick a favorite book, but I do have a few in mind. Those will have to be saved for my year in review in December.
What were some of your favorite books?